Friday, September 16, 2011

LA Rehearsals and more

Its been a crazy time with rehearsals, the Jay Leno show, more rehearsals and The Whisky A Go Go.


Screen shot from The Tonight Show



There has been intense preparation to get Orianthi up to speed with the set. She is a sweet and talented young lady who is in great demand so learning the AC set list on top of that would be a challenge for anybody.
We spent the week at a rehearsal room in Los Angeles. All the band  have worked hard and it was great to see Damon again. There are still a few hours back there before we leave for New Zealand on Sunday.


The Jay Leno show was amazing, how cool that I got to see that famous set. The band were fantastic and we were all happy with the night. Steve couldn't find his leather biker hat in the suitcase so went hatless for the performance, luckily he found it tucked away in the lid of the case so don't worry folks all will be well for New Zealand!


Robby Krieger came by rehearsals to go over the couple of songs he would do at The Whisky, he and Steve have known each other for many years after touring together in the 80's so it was a joy to see them on the same stage again. We were all mesmerized by him and I could have listened to those wonderful Doors songs all day. It took me back to my hippy youth, those carefree days when my biggest decision of the day was what time to get up in the morning!


We arrived at The Whisky A Go Go yesterday afternoon, it was such an unassuming little building from the outside but I knew how much history was there including the fact that the boss was coming back after about 42 years!!!
Steve has played there a few times in the past, once with The Chambers Brothers.
It was so small inside, not as small as The 100 Club in London but still I could not imagine how all the musicians were going to fit on that little stage. My man was to the far right as usual but was dangerously close to a set of steps so I was grateful for the huge wads of bright green tape on the floor marking the edge.


What a night! There was Rob Zombi, Ke$ha and many more luminaries. The band were like a train at top speed, the set was tight and powerful and the boss looked relaxed as he performed without his Alice persona.
Everybody had a great night although Steve battled a bit with the low club lighting and smoke machine on stage but as always he was fantastic and played his *** off!


I am not too comfortable with Hollywood Hoopla, Steve is always my rock in such situations and takes it all in his stride so I think we did ok last night. Although one woman nearly got a slap from me after she had been rather condescending towards me all day then said 'goodbye girlie' as she passed by me on the stairs at the end of the night. I am very placid but don't push your luck!


Not long to go now and we will be on our way to New Zealand and Australia, new adventures are on the horizon. 


The new Welcome 2 My Nightmare album is out!!!!!!


My gorgeous man has a credit on the cover, yay!!! He played on most of the basic tracks plus
performed some truly wonderful solo's on this record and I am hugely proud of him as always.
My favorite solo is on 'I Am Made Of You' with 'Something To Remember Me By' a close second.
I saw the fan pack this week and I must say it has been done really well, I think the album, the artwork and the photography is brilliant. 



Steve and Orianthi during rehearsals:


Steve and Robby Krieger at rehearsal


Before the Jay Leno Show



Here we are backstage at The Whisky with Robby and Carl Caprioglio of Oglio Records


The Whisky A Go Go show from my vantage point


With Ke$ha

No comments:

Post a Comment